We’re excited to share that KuppingCole, the leading source for expert analysis, advice, and insights on identity-focused information security and IT, has named Arcserve an overall leader in its 2023 Leadership Compass for Cloud Backup for Ransomware Protection. The report evaluated the primary attributes and functions of cloud backup solutions for ransomware protection, recognizing Arcserve’s leadership in product and market categories.
"Based on our analysis, Arcserve has demonstrated exceptional leadership in the product and market categories,” wrote KuppingerCole's report analyst Mike Small. “Arcserve's Unified Data Protection solution, combined with its cloud-based console and support for a wide range of deployment options, provides organizations the flexibility and reliability they need to ensure their data is always available and protected against cyberattacks."
The report highlighted several key attributes of Arcserve's solutions, including its mature product, strong user base, comprehensive functionality covering multiple use cases, and support for physical, virtual, hyper-converged, and cloud environments. Arcserve's solutions offer out-of-the-box protection for various databases and applications, agentless VMware, Hyper-V and Nutanix protection, integrated source-side global deduplication, and more.
The report noted:
- Arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP) 9 supports hybrid business continuity topologies, local backup, multiple sites, cloud services, and backup to the cloud. It provides inbuilt integration with Sophos Intercept-X Advanced for Servers, protecting against ransomware and other cyber threats. The solution is designed for midmarket and enterprise customers and offers a range of usability enhancements, including a cloud-based console for managing all Arcserve assets. Arcserve UDP and Appliances protect Microsoft 365 data on-premises and other workloads.
- Arcserve OneXafe is an object-based NAS appliance featuring immutable snapshots to defend against ransomware, inline deduplication, encryption at rest, and disaster recovery with WAN-optimized replication, as well as energy efficiency.
- Arcserve's data protection solutions support various environments, including Nutanix hyper-converged infrastructure with Nutanix AHV, Files and Objects integration, and VMware, Hyper-V, RHEV, KVM, Citrix, and Xen VMs with a selection of agentless and agent-based backups.
- For IaaS, the Arcserve UDP agent for Windows can be deployed on Amazon EC2 VMs and Azure with the same capabilities.
"Being recognized as a leader in Cloud Backup against Ransomware is a testament to our unending commitment to empowering customers to protect their vital business data against the persistent and constantly evolving threat of ransomware and other malicious cyber-attacks,” said Florian Malecki, Executive Vice President, Marketing at Arcserve.
The KuppingerCole Leadership Compass covers solutions that provide backup, restore, and disaster recovery of all data held in today's hybrid IT services into the cloud. It provides an assessment of the capabilities of these solutions to meet the backup and disaster recovery needs of organizations with a particular focus on ransomware protection.
Partner With the Leader in Cloud Backup for Ransomware
Arcserve technology partners offer expert guidance and support that can ensure your organization’s data is resilient and safe from ransomware. Find an Arcserve partner here. To learn more about Arcserve ransomware protection products, check out our free on-demand demos.
You May Also Like
- Backup and Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Compliance Cybersecurity Data Protection Data Resilience RansomwareNovember 30th, 2023
- Backup and Disaster Recovery Business ContinuityNovember 28th, 2023
- Backup and Disaster RecoveryNovember 16th, 2023