I’m very pleased to announce that we have released a second update to Arcserve UDP and it’s loaded with great new cloud capabilities, additional platform support, and feature enhancements.
Let me quickly summarize what’s in this update.
Enhanced public cloud support
Virtual Standby and Instant Virtual Machine for Azure empower you to achieve cost-effective business continuity and disaster recovery. (We support similar capabilities in Amazon AWS, as well.)
This is a great way to leverage your Azure environment and add a cloud layer to your ransomware mitigation strategy, for starters.
New certifications and support
In this update, we’ve added Debian and Ubuntu support, which makes Arcserve UDP a very comprehensive platform for protecting Linux environments.
We’ve also certified and provided support for the following:
- vSphere 6.5 Update 1 (VDDK 6.5.2 embedded)
- Exchange 2016 CU5
- Oracle 11gR2 on Windows Server 2012
- Oracle 12cR2 on Windows 2012+
- SQL Server 2008 SP4 on Windows 2012 R2
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2016 LTSB (64bit) - former Windows Embedded
- Appliance build: Replace Linux backup server from CentOS 6.6 x64 to CentOS7.3 x64
- RMC 4.0 and 4.1 for HPE 3PAR
UDP feature enhancements
- Deduplication for Office 365 backups allow you to optimize your storage consumption with Arcserve UDP’s legendary deduplication efficiency—meaning less storage, faster backups, and more efficiency.
- Automatic protection for Hyper-V virtual machines allows you to automatically protect all VMs, including those added subsequently—and they can be captured on a cluster, hypervisor, or storage level
- Exclude Virtual Disk is now available, giving you more flexibility to configure your environment and optimize backup efficiency and speed
- File and folder download from Recovery Points makes it fast and easy to get those files back and perform quick, targeted recoveries
- Reporting and dashboard
- Log messages integration with 3rd parties
- Replication between consoles
- Agentless protection improvements
- Restore plan updates
- And more
So, don’t wait. Take a look at our new update.
You May Also Like
- September 27th, 2023
- Channel: MSPs / VARs / SIsSeptember 27th, 2023
- Backup and Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Cybersecurity Data Resilience
Enhancing Data Resilience With Deep-Learning Cybersecurity Solutions, Immutable Storage, and Scalable Business ContinuitySeptember 26th, 2023