Lost or deleted an Outlook email or important attachment file? Don't worry, it happens to the best of us. And if you need to restore Outlook items that you thought you wouldn't need anymore, there's an easy way to do it. You can even restore permanently deleted files (hard delete), if you are using with Exchange Online in Office 365. The Office 365 suite has basic functionality for recovery, so it's helpful if you've recently deleted a file - not so much if the file was purged some time ago. Read below to see what the steps are to recover deleted Outlook items in Office 365, and how you can prevent the disaster of losing important data.
Recover Deleted Outlook Items from the Deleted Items FolderYou can look for a deleted file in the Deleted Items folder in Outlook.
- click the Deleted Items folder to see if you can find your file;
- select the item in the list, if you can find it there;
- right-click and select the option Move to move the file back into your inbox.
Outlook Recoverable Items FolderIf you purge an item from the "Deleted Items" folder, you can find it in the "Recoverable Items" folder. This is where Outlook keeps permanently deleted files, emails or events. To access the "Recoverable Items" folder, follow these steps:
- In Outlook, click the Folder tab, and then click Recover Deleted Items.
- Select the item you want to recover and click Recover Selected Items.
- After you recover an item, you can find it in your Deleted Items folder and then move it to another folder.
Cloud Backup for Outlook, SharePoint and OneDriveIf you've lost or deleted an Outlook email or attachment, there are options for recovery if you act soon enough. Better yet, make sure you're never in a situation where you are scrambling to get your data back. Cloud backup solutions like the Cloud Backup for Office 365 from StorageCraft will have you covered. The cloud solution uses state-of-the-art compression and encryption in Tier 3+ certified datacenters. It's a perfect backup solution for large-scale enterprise deployments with multiple office locations and remote workers. So why wait? Back up your cloud applications now, and keep your business data safeguarded from any kind of incidents.
You May Also Like
- Data ProtectionJuly 6th, 2022
- Data ProtectionJuly 5th, 2022
- HealthcareJune 30th, 2022