2017 was an exciting year for the Internet of Things movement. The industry saw tremendous growth and is projected to experience an even bigger surge this year. According to IDC, global IoT revenue is on track to reach $772.5 billion in 2018, an estimated 14.6 percent increase from the $674 billion tallied for 2017. IDC also predicts that the industry will top a whopping $1 trillion by 2020. From self-learning IT environments to enhanced customer experiences, IoT has the potential to radically transform the enterprise world. Here are five IoT trends grabbing headlines in 2018.
Big Data Convergence
Data Processing with Edge Computing
Greater Consumer Adoption
Blockchain for IoT Security
- Data protection: A stringent approach to verification and validation enables blockchain to prevent data tampering in IoT applications.
- Data transfer: Blockchain can identify, authenticate, and securely transfer data to and from IoT devices.
- Data exchange: Organizations can further enhance IoT security by eliminating third-party processors and exchanging data entirely through a blockchain instead.
- Data integrity: By providing a detailed history of connected devices, blockchain makes it possible to track IoT activity and prevent the duplication of malicious data.
IoT Security Awareness and Training
ConclusionThe Internet of Things has transcendent potential that no business can afford to ignore. Keeping a close watch on these trends should be a priority for any business owner, developer, or IT specialist with vested interests in IoT.
You May Also Like
- HealthcareJune 30th, 2022
- Backup and Disaster RecoveryJune 29th, 2022
- Legal RansomwareJune 28th, 2022