Data is the lifeblood of every business. The inability to access that data could result in damage that takes some organizations years to repair. In some cases, that lack of access may very well spell the end of the road. Your future is only as promising as your business continuity plan, and your backup strategy is an integral cog in the machine. With that in mind, we have outlined a handful of fundamental strategies that will help make your business resilient in the face of any disaster.
Protect Data at Every Level
Backup Your Backups
- Keep three copies of any data you can't afford to lose
- On storage two mediums – hard drive and USB drive, NAS device and cloud server, etc.
- With one copy stored offsite
Store Backups in Multiple Locations
Set Logical Recovery Goals
Make Data Security a Priority
ConclusionLosing even the smallest amount of data can have game-changing ramifications for your business. To protect it, you need to be prepared for every possible disaster scenario. Although it's merely one piece of the business continuity puzzle, an effective backup plan can make sure you retain as much of that data as possible.
You May Also Like
- Data ProtectionMay 19th, 2022
- Channel: MSPs / VARs / SIsMay 18th, 2022
- Data StorageMay 17th, 2022