With so much value put on data, protecting it is now more critical than ever.
Ransomware attacks seem endless and relentless. Daily headlines scream about the severity and frequency of attacks on organizations of all kinds – no industry is immune, and some including healthcare and government face more scrutiny when cyber attacks affect patient or constituent data or cause downtime for critical services.
Consider these examples:
The Texas Department of Transportation network was breached and experienced unauthorized access via a ransomware attack, causing the agency to shut down its system to isolate the incident.
The University of California San Francisco School of Medicine paid over $1 million to decrypt files after a ransomware attack. During the COVID-19 pandemic, hospitals and health organizations have been a prime target for cybercriminals.
Following a REvil attack on Travelex, a UK financial institution, cybercriminals demanded a $6 million ransom and claimed to have consumer’s personal and credit card data. Travelex took its IT systems and websites offline for more than three weeks, reverting airport currency exchange kiosks to pen and paper and leaving customers “in limbo.”
Ransomware impacts reach far beyond initial attack
While the immediate impacts of ransomware attacks such as downtime, data loss, or ransom payments seem crippling, the longer-term affects must also be considered as consumers are paying more attention to ransomware attacks.
A recent survey of consumers shows that 70% believe businesses aren’t doing enough to adequately secure their personal information and assume it has been compromised without them knowing it. 59% of consumers would likely avoid doing business with an organization that had experienced a cyberattack in the past year.
If you’re not focusing on cyber and data security, your customers will take notice. The study found that one in four consumers will abandon a product or service in favor of a competitor after a single ransomware-related service disruption, failed transaction, or instance of inaccessible information. Simply put, consumers won’t wait for your ransomware recovery.
How to protect your hyperconverged infrastructure against cyberattacks
Nutanix delivers solutions that enable multi-cloud architectures, built on powerful HCI technology to combine compute, virtualization, storage, networking, and security. With ransomware threatening organizations from all angles, protecting Nutanix environments is more critical than ever.
Combining robust security controls, data analysis and visibility, ransomware detection and data protection will ensure complete protection of Nutanix workloads. Consider these factors when choosing your best-fit data and cyber protection solution:
- Protect Nutanix workloads with integrated data and cyber protection – With data being a highly sought-after commodity, ensure your IT infrastructure is properly protected against ransomware attacks and your backups are secure.
- Secure and protect on-premises, cloud, and SaaS-based workloads – Complex IT infrastructures built over time typically include siloed cybersecurity and data protection strategies. Select a solution that reduces complexity by protecting all data across all platforms.
- Remove the risks of downtime with disaster recovery capabilities – Get peace of mind with a solution that meets business continuity requirements by reducing recovery times and points (RTOs/RPOs) to minutes and recovering image backups.
Enable your ransomware prevention and protection strategy with Nutanix, Arcserve, and Sophos
True data security begins with a comprehensive approach to protecting IT infrastructures and backup data from cyberattacks. With a strong infrastructure foundation and an all-in-one data and cyber protection solution in place, organizations can achieve true cyber-readiness.
To become cyber ready, we have the answer: Cutting-edge technologies powered by Nutanix HCI, Arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP), and Sophos Intercept X Server Edition that work seamlessly together to remove complexity, improve SLAs, and leave the risk of cyberattacks and data loss behind.
Get total protection for your Nutanix infrastructure with solutions designed to integrate cyber and data protection across your on-premises HCI, cloud, and SaaS-based workloads:
- A secure foundation from the Nutanix HCI platform with native security features
- Recover faster with native BCDR protection and automation
- Protect data with data-at-rest encryption and WORM object storage policies
- Reduce the spread of malware with Nutanix Flow network microsegmenation
- Defend backups with cybersecurity that detects known and unknown malware
- Rapidly respond and remove threats, including never-before-seen ransomware and boot-record attacks
- Safeguard backup data from external threats, including ransomware, major disasters, human error, or other unplanned outages
- Neutralize threats while eliminating data loss and downtime
Learn how you can become truly cyber ready with Nutanix, Arcserve, and Sophos.