ShadowProtect Technical Information
Protect your Windows, Linux, or mixed IT environment with ShadowProtect.
ShadowProtect Quickly and Efficiently Creates Sector-Level Backup Images of Windows or Linux Systems
These backup images include the operating system, applications, services, configuration settings, and data volumes.
- For Linux systems, an Arcserve-built snapshot driver ensures you swiftly get a solid backup every time.
- For Windows systems, we leverage Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) to ensure solid backups, and our proprietary snapshot driver Volume Snapshot Manager™ (VSM) makes sure those backups happen fast.
The award-winning ShadowProtect® gives you the ability to schedule backups to occur at regular intervals. Run the exact type of backup you want and do so on the days and at the times you want.
Once You Have Backup Images, You Have Multiple Fast Recovery Options
Depending on the scope of the disaster you’re facing, you can:
- Rapidly access missing files and folders by mounting and browsing a backup image
- Restore a Windows or Linux system to the same or different hardware or virtual environment in minutes
- Use the included VirtualBoot™ technology to:
- Boot a backup image as a virtual machine (VM) for a quick, temporary fix
- Boot a protected Windows system as a guest VM on a Hyper-V host when using Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Pro, Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Boot a protected Windows or Linux system to an ESXi host in a VMware vSphere cluster
- Opt to migrate the protected Windows or Linux system to the ESXi host in a VMware vSphere cluster as a permanent recovery solution