If there’s one thing one can say about the data protection market, it’s that it is in constant evolution, adapting to changes in the IT infrastructure – especially around the Operating Systems, Hypervisors and mission-critical applications that customers use to drive their business.
As you can imagine, the Arcserve team is staying ahead of the game by introducing regular updates to its portfolio. Today we’re excited to announce a set of enhancements and extended platform support that will help customers reach new levels of operational efficiency:
Support for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
CA Arcserve Backup r16.5 Update 3 is now available, adding support for the backup and restore of Windows Server 2012 R2. Windows 8.1 is now also supported.
Granular Restore from Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
New Exchange Server 2013 Granular Restore Capabilities in Update 3 perfectly complement database-level backup already provided – giving customers enhanced disaster recovery capabilities, much greater control over Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and more operational efficiency from their data protection investment. These powerful new capabilities enable:
- Scheduled, transaction-consistent, full, differential, and incremental document-level backup of Exchange Server 2013 objects, with support for encryption and compression.
- Restoration of individual (or groups of individual) mailboxes, public folders, message items, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, Journal entries, etc., to original or alternate location.
Expanded Linux Support
CA Arcserve D2D for Linux r16.5 Service Pack 1 is also now available, enabling customers to more efficiently protect a broader spectrum of Linux platforms. This Service Pack:
- Adds support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10.x and 11.x, as well as Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.x (SLES & OEL)
- Provides SSH Public/Private Key Authentication
- Further simplifies Disaster Recovery for virtual environments running Citrix Xen, Oracle VMs, or Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization VMs
Expanded VMware Support
Last, but not least, CA Arcserve Backup r16.5 Update 3 is now certified on VMware vCenter Server 5.5, ESXi 5.5, and VDDK 5.5. Patch ROS 64363 is required and certain limitations apply, so please review this CA Arcserve Knowledge Base article for details.
For our customers reading this, thank you for your great support and business, and please let us know how we’re doing. And if you are using another data protection solution today that may not be quite up to date, give us a call or download a free trial at Arcserve.com!