- Unveils the only cloud-first solution to meet both RTO/RPO requirements of minutes without extra on-premises hardware
- Fills significant gap for midsize businesses that mandate a shift from the speed of recovery to the relevancy of data being recovered
- Ideal for channel partners and cloud service providers whose customers may lack WAN/bandwidth, have large data sets, and those with limited resources that need secure offsite backup and disaster recovery without additional infrastructure to support growth
- Addresses global business requirements with new EMEA-based data center
MINNEAPOLIS – January 30, 2018 – Arcserve, LLC, whose breakthrough data protection and availability solutions deliver enterprise power with small team simplicity, today unveiled the first solution to cost-effectively deliver near-zero cloud recovery points with consumer-grade simplicity. Available through Arcserve UDP Cloud Direct, its direct-to-cloud disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) and backup as a service (BaaS) solution, Arcserve responds to a significant market gap between businesses with diminishing tolerance for downtime and the capabilities of affordable offerings.
Until recently, many businesses were forced to choose between providers capable of delivering quick recovery times while unable to answer for up to days of actual data loss, and maintaining system availability but at the expense of high on-premises complexity and exorbitant costs. With Arcserve’s new release, organizations can, for the first time, remove the risk of data loss by aligning recovery times and points of minutes, while leveraging the agility of the cloud.
“There’s a huge difference between business expectations and what many IT teams can realistically deliver, particularly in midsize and decentralized organizations,” said Edwin Yuen, data protection analyst at ESG. “The challenge is not so much getting systems back online quickly after downtime or disruption, but avoiding the loss of business activity by being able to access current data. Arcserve has successfully addressed this challenge by combining quick recovery of current data, or low RPO and RTO, with a direct-to-cloud deployment to offer many new opportunities for these organizations and provide a path to more flexible SLAs and lower on-premises complexity.”
This landmark release combines Arcserve’s award-winning networking and replication with new cloud-first technology and DRaaS-optimized data centers to address business objectives that mandate a shift from the speed of recovery to the relevancy of data being recovered. It delivers on the company’s roadmap to the first affordable near-zero recovery point seven months ahead of schedule.
“Most companies today simply aren’t protected from significant revenue loss resulting from downtime or disruption; that’s just the stark reality,” said Tom Signorello, CEO of Arcserve. “While restoring systems quickly is a great first step, businesses still need to reconcile the loss of data from systems and applications that, in most cases, are hours or even days old. With this release, we’ve done what no one in our space could: combine single-service ease of use with the lowest cloud RTOs and RPOs, and deliver it in an affordable package for midsize businesses with no on-premises hardware requirement.”
Eliminates IT Disasters
While many organizations today have data protection plans in place, most could not maintain system availability in the wake of a ransomware attack, system failure, or other downtime event. Because of this, an overwhelming majority of midsize and decentralized enterprise businesses plan to cut their recovery service level agreements (SLAs) by half within the next 12 months. In a move poised to eliminate IT disasters altogether, Arcserve’s new UDP Cloud Direct DRaaS release goes beyond recovery with capabilities that meet midsize business requirements:
- Near-zero data loss, anywhere: data, systems and applications are available in minutes with sub five-minute RTOs and sub 15-minute cloud RPOs. Multiple automated backup validations ensure data is fully recoverable and error-free
- Complete platform support: for all midmarket platforms, hypervisors and cloud and on-premises systems
- Easy to use with self-service access: users install and configure in minutes, regardless of the level of network complexity, and maintain visibility across all backups from a single, web-based console accessible from anywhere
- Affordable: subscription-based pricing specifically designed for cost-conscious budgets gives any size business system resiliency
- Orchestration and failback: initiates recovery using a sequence of predetermined events with incremental failback that allows you to continue running systems in the cloud while managing the sequential failback seamlessly in the background. Cloud to local operation takes place easily, in minutes
“Arcserve’s new capabilities make the concept of downtime nothing more than a glitch; we could literally be down and our users wouldn’t notice, » said Mike Montagna, VP of Information Systems, Charlotte Chamber of Commerce. “And not only were we up and running in just a few clicks, we spend just minutes a day in the dashboard. UDP Cloud Direct really delivers on its promise of enterprise capabilities at a fraction of the cost for the midmarket. Now, we have breathing room and don’t need to worry about IT disasters.”
Built for Midsize Businesses, Ideal for Channel Partners and Cloud Service Providers
As the first backup-to-failback solution born exclusively in the cloud, Arcserve’s new release does not require an appliance; instead, it transfers data directly to, from and between cloud storage. This accelerates deployment, lowers on-premises complexity and supports extremely stringent SLAs.
Arcserve UDP Cloud Direct DRaaS is optimized for midsize and decentralized enterprise businesses that desire a quick cloud on-ramp without on-premises hardware requirements, as well as those in need of upfront configuration regardless of network complexity. Its industry-leading cloud recovery point characteristics make system resiliency attainable, whereas organizations can typically expect data loss of an hour or more with alternative DRaaS solutions.
As the only cost-effective DRaaS solution available, it is ideal for channel partners and cloud service providers whose customers may lack WAN/bandwidth, have large data sets, and those with limited resources that need secure offsite backup and disaster recovery without additional infrastructure to support growth.
Availability and New European Data Center
Arcserve UDP Cloud Direct is available worldwide through the company’s global partner network, and addresses global business requirements for data privacy and compliance with data centers in North America and new in the UK.
Arcserve develops breakthrough data protection and availability solutions that deliver enterprise power with small team simplicity. Launched in 1990 as a product under Cheyenne Software, Arcserve became an independent organization in 2014 and released the first solution, Arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP), to deliver comprehensive backup and recovery across cloud, virtual and physical environments under one pane of glass. Since then, Arcserve has continuously redefined data protection, with a full range of highly efficient and integrated capabilities, deployable on-premise or in the cloud, with high availability, disaster recovery, backup and recovery, and data archiving. Arcserve has a customer base of 45,000 end users in more than 150 countries and partners with over 7,500 distributors, resellers and service providers around the world. It is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Visit www.arcserve.com.