Arcserve is looking for technical Support Engineers, for new team to be based in Barcelona. There are a few open positions for multilingual speakers (German, French, Italian, Spanish and English are the main languages we look for). This role will be responsible for providing front-end technical support to customers and proactively enabling customer self-service.
At Arcserve we firmly believe our team spirit and our people are the keys to success. As an independent and profitable company that is uniquely positioned in a high growth market with award-winning proven solutions, we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. We are changing the competitive landscape and are growing our business. We’re a leader and a pioneer in the space of data protection, and are focused on serving our customers and partners in everything we do. We’re driven by entrepreneurial spirit and values and believe in professional growth opportunities and work-life balance.
Are you as passionate as we are about technology that has an impact on IT around the world? Apply today!
- Take ownership of technical customer requests and provide support for a product or solution using telephone, email, communities or chat.
- Independently apply acquired technical knowledge and open-ended problem solving methodology to assess increasingly complex problems, analyze root causes, and advise customers on solutions.
- Research, analyze, and resolve complex functionality and usability related issues.
- Perform troubleshooting by recreating a customer scenario on internal testing equipment with a comparable software configuration.
- Understand and accurately document product questions that require in-depth analysis ; determine and pursue the appropriate process to progress the issue to resolution.
- Identify complex or high impact issues and coordinate with senior staff where necessary for resolution. Escalate unresolved customer issues to the appropriate subject matter expert or manager according to product line procedures.
- Proactively enable customer self-service
- Contributes and updates content in the knowledge base, external forums and user communities in order to enable customers to self-serve
- Educates the customer on how to leverage self-service resources by demonstrating functionality and best practices
- Manage own time to prioritize and balance all assignments.
- Maintain knowledge of Support policies, procedures, tools and systems
Skills & Competencies:
- Proficient customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and apply analytical skills in complex environments.
- Possess good teamwork skills.
- An ability to handle and resolve high pressure situations.
- Sharp troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- Understanding of backup concepts and will be beneficial if experienced in any backup application such as Arcserve backup, UDP, HP data protector, Veeam etc.
- Good knowledge about Disks, tape libraries.
- Network Basics – OSI, IP Address, TCP\IP, UDP, FTP, Ping, Telnet, Netstat, Etc.
- Network protocols – Http, Https, SSL, SMTP
- Basic knowledge – Active directory (AD), DNS, DHCP, Database, NAS, SAN, ISCSI, FC, Tape library, Other Storage devices, Security, Application Firewall, Network proxy
- Thorough knowledge of Windows or Linux environment
- Server administration
- Experienced in virtual platform such as Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware or Citrix Xen
We are looking for multilingual speakers with German and/or French, Italian, Spanish and English
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.