This position is responsible for providing substantial front-end technical support to customers and proactively enabling customer self-service by analyzing and devising solutions to resolving varying levels of complex questions which include usability, technical functionality, product configurations and integration issues.
This role can be located in our Sunnyvale, CA or Minneapolis, MN based offices.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with channel partners, service providers and end users to understand and manage their requirements and future needs to pinpoint market trends to match development projects
- Make rapid tactical development decisions as they impact functionality or usability
- Track client communication, taking ownership and working the support issue to resolution
- Apply technical solving skills to analyze and find the root causes, and advise customer on solutions
- Stay current with partner roadmaps and translate them into product enhancements
- Maintain product backlog and participate in technical release planning
- Manage and set customer expectations and prevent ticket stalling to maintain and improve customer satisfaction
- Maintain knowledge of support policies, procedures, tools and systems
- Monitor, analyze and recommend industry innovations including analysis of competitive landscape
- Produce customer-facing technical documentation
- Establish and maintain strong technical partnerships
- Monitor progress and make adjustments based on larger, strategic objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three plus years of experience in IT architecture and systems integration
- Ability travel to customer and non-customer sites regionally as needed up to 25%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder as required by government contract
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with client interaction and technical implementation experience by phone and/or remote.
- Strong knowledge of routers, firewall, switches, VPN devices and other networking technologies including TCP/IP, DNS & DHCP.
- Strong background in Virtualization technologies from VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix, etc.
- Proficient with Red Hat Linux, Solaris and Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Active Directory and DNS.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies: Windows Server, SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, etc.
- Knowledgeable in storage and disaster recovery infrastructure and technology.
- Understanding the storage technology needs of resellers and hosted services providers.
- Experience breaking down complex ideas into manageable tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills sufficient to meet project objectives.
- Proficient with MS Office tools.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or stoop.
- Business casual office environment.
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans