The Senior Accountant performs general accounting activities with a significant role in the period close activities. This position regularly performs advanced and specialized accounting assignments involving complex and confidential data and will include special projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Perform general ledger accounting including journal entries and account analysis.
- Assist with all aspects of the month end close process including preparation of adjusting journal entries and accrual entries.
- Perform inter-company accounting entries.
- Assist as needed with the preparation of the monthly financial reporting package.
- Maintain control over fixed assets and ensure that all additions, disposals and transfers are processed timely and are reconciled to the general ledger.
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts and research/resolve variances in a timely manner.
- Record bank transactions in accounting system and ensure balances are correct.
- Assist with cash reporting and forecasting.
- Manage employee expense reimbursement system and related reporting.
- Record credit card activity.
- Support external financial audits by preparing related work papers and analysis.
- Compile required information and assist local service providers on statutory audits and tax returns in multiple foreign jurisdictions.
- Assist in the preparation of VAT filings.
- Support acquisition integration efforts.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
- Four plus years of accounting experience.
- Demonstrated ERP and related system experience.
- Proficient in MS Office with an emphasis on Excel.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Proven relationship building and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong aptitude for applications and systems.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Experience with NetSuite, Zuora, Concur, and Salesforce.com.
- Software/Technology company experience.
- Foreign currency experience.
- Self-starter with performance-driven mindset.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or stoop.
- Professional office environment.
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans