Arcserve is seeking an entrepreneurial, goal-orientated PreSales Consultant/Sales Engineer for Brazil. We’re looking for motivated self-starters interested in working in a fast-paced and dynamic sales environment. The PreSales Consultant is responsible for positioning and proving Arcserve products and solutions address partners’ and clients’ business and IT needs. This is accomplished by having a solid understanding of our products and solutions and a solid knowledge of our technologies around our solutions and partners business.
- Become technical hands-on expert in the Arcserve product family for Backup, Replication and High Availability
- Master the products’ features, architecture, design, compatibility, best practices and high-level competitive comparison
- Assist in-house & field sales colleagues as well as external Partners (technical & commercial) in their sales opportunities to new customers and for upgrades from previous versions
- Help prospects in the sales cycle from lead / opportunities through POC to closure.
- Become a skilled IT Trainer and communicator, presenting and teaching technical topics as well as product details to both technical and non-technical audiences
Note: This role is based in Brazil with up to 40% of travel requirements for meetings and trainings
Desired previous experience:
- Hands-on technical positions in server room / data centre environments or 2nd /3rd level Tech Support across heterogeneous environments with Windows +Unix/Linux, virtual / physical, IT Administrator role, Domain / AD, networking / VPNs etc.
- In-depth hands-on experience with virtualization solutions, especially VMware vSphere / ESX, Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer …
- Knowledge of backup solutions such as Arcserve Backup / UDP, Veritas Backup Exec / NetBackup, IBM TSM, EMC (Legato) Networker, CommVault Simpana, Acronis, Veeam, etc.
- Knowledge of High Availability solutions such as Clusters, Arcserve Replication and High Availability, DoubleTake, NeverFail
- Disaster recovery and data retention planning, including full site failure procedures
- Knowledge about data storage technology like Fibre Channel SAN, iSCSI, shared Tape Libraries, NAS Filers, NDMP, VVOLs etc.
- Implementation and administration of applications such as Exchange, Lotus Domino, SQL, Oracle (Win/Unix/Linux), IIS, SharePoint, MS Dynamics,
- Backup implementation and operation
- Previous roles in Technical Pre-Sales, Sales, working with Channel Partners and/or as Technical Trainer
- Light programming for automating administrative tasks via scripts
- Minimum required: English as a native speaker; Spanish would be appreciated.
- Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience