**This position can be located in Minneapolis or the Northern California area**
The Senior Server Engineer will work closely with our technical operations group on the Arcserve cloud storage product offerings. The role will design infrastructure that is reliable and scalable to maintain uptime and data integrity for our customers. In addition, you will need to react quickly and correctly to address or avoid issues that might impact the uptime and/or data integrity of our solutions. This individual will be expected to learn new skills, technologies and business competencies. We work in a highly collaborative, hands-on, team environment creating a learning culture focused on growing our business.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Own and deliver a scalable reliable server infrastructure with ability to see the process through from inception through production.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation of systems.
- Evaluate customer requirements and implement compliant engineering architecture designs and documentation.
- Drive code quality across the team and instill best practices.
- Provide technical input to ensure system design and delivery schedules are properly developed and implemented.
- Develop project plans and lead scoping and estimation discussions.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues while working with the team to efficiently solve problems and implement solutions.
- Perform root cause analysis of critical incidents, engineer permanent solutions, and coordinate implementation.
- Facilitate a great customer mobile experience for socialization and content consumption.
- Work with cutting edge technology to help define Backup as a Service (BaaS) and Data Recovery as a Service (DRaaS).
- Ability to do some travel if required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seven plus years of server engineering experience including design, implementation and troubleshooting
- Experience in designing, implementing, operating and troubleshooting complex systems in multi-data center environments
- Familiar with Windows and Linux (Debian) production support, network security, Solaris and zfs, Apache
- Exposure to object-orientated programming and proficient in one backend language (e.g. Perl, PHP, Python, etc)
- Experience with Hard disks/raid/storage controllers/filesystems/sans (several kinds), Cfengine/Chef, Nagios (monitoring/graphing infrastructure), Switches/Routers/Networking gear (arista/juniper/force10)
- Ability to produce detailed technical documentation and updated records of work performed while adhering to customer requirements and standards
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members, and management staff
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable in storage and disaster recovery infrastructure and technology
- Project management and/or team lead experience
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills sufficient to meet project objectives
- Capacity to work closely with cross-functional groups in a collaborative, team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans