Job Summary: This position is responsible for directing a sales team in achieving the company’s revenue goals, as well as coaching, mentoring, and training the team for personal and professional development.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Hire, develop and retain key talent to build a cohesive team resulting in sharing of best practices and successes.
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) essential to the performance of individual account managers to ensure the team meets or exceeds the sales quota.
- Regularly review pipeline, key client engagements, and forecasts with the team.
- Work alongside Channel Professionals to cultivate long term partnerships in the region with customers
- Support the overall personal and professional development of the team, including:
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Product review and training
- Sales Training
- Foster communication between various levels of the organization to accelerate sales processes and remove sales barriers.
- Facilitate customer engagement, channel leadership, forecasting, as well as training in both sales and product.
- Maintain a positive, professional ‘customer first’ attitude throughout the team.
- Ensure effective time management practices to properly support organizational activities.
- Understand and communicate organizational challenges and strategies to the team and management.
- Ensure sales representatives are fully utilizing Salesforce.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of sales department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and related work experience to meet the essential functions of the position
- Three plus years of sales management experience
- Five plus years of sales and/or customer facing experience
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Highly motivated self-starter and strategic thinker with the ability to work effectively in a demanding, challenging, and team-sales environment
- Experience in datacenter, infrastructure, security, storage and data protection segments within the IT industry
- Possess leadership competencies necessary to motivate teams to attain their goals
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working alongside Channel leadership and individual contributors
- Ability to gain access to decision makers, channel partners, and end users via phone
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales environment
- Proven leadership and management experience
- Demonstrated experience developing employees
- Proven track record of building strong professional relationships
Travel Requirement: Yes, up to 25%
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.